MetaModelAgent evolves continuously. Below you find the latest new features added.
From v4.2.0 to v4.2.1
No significant new feature. v4.2.1 is a pure bug-fix release, see Resolved bugs for details.
From v4.1.4 to v4.2.0
- Support for multi-selection. Several models can be activated and published in a single operation.
This make it easy to work in a multi-model environment.
- [Papyrus only] Rich-text documentation support. Rich-text editors are available in MMA wizards and views for editing element documentation, e.g. nested comments.
MetaModelAgent acts compliant to the Papyrus rich-text preference setting.
- [Papyrus only] Support for customized diagrams. Support for validating and adding diagrams that have been customized by using the Papyrus DSML extension mechanism.
This will make MetaModelAgent useful even if you have your own extended diagrams.
- Support for additional interaction elements. The following interaction elements are now fully supported: Gate, Interaction Use, Combined Fragment.
This will make it possible to set up and validate very detailed and precise rules around your interaction modeling.
- Extensive item guidelines in the MMA Guidance View.
The same kind of extensive easy-to-read guidelines that are available when publishing guidelines are now available in the Guidance View as well.
- Totally redesigned and improved MMA Model Publisher. New modern design and a lot of new cross-reference capabilities as well as new search facilities.
The web publishing feature will make it possible for anyone to view and analyze your models in a very user-friendly layout.
From v4.1.3 to v4.1.4
- Support for Papyrus 2.0 (Neon release).
- Refined problem labels in MMA Problem View and refined explanations in MMA Guidance View.
- [Papyrus only] Support for nested profiles.
- Opportunity to search through closed files in workspace for metamodels to use and profiles to apply when creating a new model or connecting an existing model to a metamodel.
- Improved design of web published output and more preference settings for controlling the content and layout of the output.
From v4.1.2 to v4.1.3
- MetaModelAgent is from now on available with a various set of licenses and feature levels.
- Extended functionality in the MMA Traceability Matrix View makes it possible to easy analyze invisible and invalid relationships.
- Extended context menu in MMA Problem View with entries for navigation to the subject element of the problem.
- Redesigned layout of diagrams in MMA Model Publish output. Diagrams are always laid out without downscaling and a horizontal tool bar appears when needed.
- [Papyrus only] MMA Problem View is now linked to active editor. That means that the content of the MMA Problem View is automatically filtered to only display problems related to the current active editor.
- Due to incorrect behavior when editing element documentation in previous versions of MetaModelAgent, a utility function has been added that corrects any model edited with older versions.
- [RSA only] A new MMA preference setting has been added for optimized performance when not using real-time modeling.
From v4.1.1 to v4.1.2
- Support for adding associations using the context menu in the diagram editor by selecting the two elements to be associated. A single wizard page for the association and its association ends will be used.
- Single property view for association and its association ends when selecting an association in the explorer view or in the diagram editor.
- Improved headless validation and API-based validation. Standardized CSV-format and extended validation result.
- [Papyrus only] Support for SysML-specific diagrams. However no general SysML guidelines are yet provided.
- Improved behavior of the MetaModelAgent's addition to the diagram palette. The palette is added to already open diagrams when activating the model.
The palette also provides tools for elements not valid within the diagram's parent.
- [Papyrus only] Support for diagram documentation property.
From v4.1.0 to v4.1.1
- A change of validation algorithm from deep-first to breadth-first. If the metamodel has ambiguities, this may reveal new problems or hide problems in comparison with previous versions
- Clicking on a problem icon in the MMA Property View brings up the corresponding problem in the MMA Guidance View.
- Change of default search scope and behavior in item selection dialog. Imported Element are now included in the search scope.
- Visibility Kind property is supported for Package Import and Element Import when using the built-in General UML Guidelines.
- Weight property is supported for Control Flow and Object Flow when using the built-in General UML Guidelines.
- Page buttons in the MMA Trace Matrix View have been rearranged to better handle a large set of pages.
- Improved overall performance when populating the MMA Trace Matrix View and the MMA Property Table View.
- Moving several elements using drag-and-drop no longer results in a cascade of confirmation popup windows when having the change agent activated.
- A separate metamodel validation feature for validating metamodels has been added.
- [RSA only] Shortcuts are no longer included in activation scope. When activating MetaModelAgent for a model, models referenced by a shortcut are not being activated.